My Approach to Meditation
What I enjoy about teaching meditation, is making it really accessible, simple, and enjoyable, making it convenient to include as part of your everyday life.
I know meditation can be intimidating and the common (misguided) belief that meditation requires “clearing one’s mind of all thoughts” can feel like an impossible task.(because it is!). The thought of taking on this impossible task makes people feel like they are “doing it wrong” or simply can’t do it at all, making people give up easily.
I frequently get feedback from both beginners as well as more experienced meditators, that they feel more ‘successful’ at meditation, when experiencing guided meditation with me. In addition to formal practice, I specialize in helping my clients find ways to incorporate meditation into their daily lives (also known as mindfulness), in order to travel life’s journey with ease and grace.
Remember, just like its difficult to achieve an 8 pack from one time of exercising, it is similarly important to have regular meditation practice to achieve the benefits that meditation brings. Let me help you!
Julia Grace, M.A., R-DMT, has been trained in the Vippassana (Awareness) style of meditation studying under Larry Rosenberg and John Kabat Zinn; Insight dialogue- the mindfullness of speaking and listening under Janet Surrey, PhD, Compassionate/Loving Kindness meditation, Focusing oriented mindfulness (combining expressive arts and mindfulness) under guidance of Laury Rappaport, PhD, and is a certified Journey Meditation teacher, an approachable, simple, and effective meditation originally created for office based group meditation.
WHY HAVE A MEDITATION/MINDFULNESS PRACTICE?
There′s been over 40 years of research studies in US, Europe and India, on the effects of meditation
Overcome common challenges, including:
- Difficulty concentrating
- Lower Blood Pressure
- Reversal of Aging Process
- Reduced Need for Medical Care
- Reduction in Cholesterol
- Increased Self-Actualization
- Increased Strength of Self-Concept
- Decreased Cigarette, Alcohol, and Drug Abuse
- Increased Productivity
- Improved Relations at Work
- Increased Relaxation and Decreased Stress
- Improved Health and More Positive Health Habits
- Relationship improvement
- Increase immune resilience
- Physiological changes in brain supporting executive function, resilience, happiness, and longevity.
- Stress reduction
- Learning how to utilize breath for self regulating and optimization
- Greater Orderliness of Brain Functioning
- Improved Ability to Focus
- Increased Creativity
- Deeper Level of Relaxation
- Improved Perception and Memory
Empower your workforce, boost energy throughout your organization, and create a stronger company culture with our convenient live and virtual courses.
Private Individual classes
Customized meditation guidance drawn upon eclectic techniques to help you find the style that works best for you.
Having meditation at the work place has wonderful benefits
- More Productive, Passionate Employees
- More Vibrant & Empowered Workplace
- More Fulfilled & Satisfied Teams
High-functioning teams are happy and engaged. A Duke University study reported that employee meditation led to 36% decrease in workplace stress.
What clients are saying: