"Dance is the hidden language of the soul"
INDIVIDUAL & GROUPDANCE MOVEMENT THERAPY SESSIONS
WHAT IS DANCE MOVEMENT THERAPY (DMT)?
According to the American Dance Therapy Association, the psychotherapeutic use of movement "is used to promote emotional, social, cognitive, and physical integration of the individual, for the purpose of improving health and well-being."(ADTA.org)
Julia Grace, MA, R-DMT is a registered Dance/Movement Therapist with the American Dance Therapy Association (Lic#1857) specializes in guiding people to move through anxiety, depression, relationship issues, trauma, life transitions and ultimately gain more insight into themselves.
The theory of DMT is based upon the idea that the body and mind are inseparable:
• Body and mind interact, so that a change in movement will affect total functioning
• Movement reflects personality
• Movement contains a symbolic function and as such can be evidence of unconscious process
• Movement improvisation allows the client to experiment with new ways of being,
• Through the unity of the body, mind, and spirit, DMT provides a sense of wholeness to all individuals
To learn more about Dance Therapy visit The American Dance Therapy Association (ADTA) site.
CLINICAL DANCE MOVEMENT THERAPY GROUPS
Dance Therapy can be used in helping clients cope with anxiety, depression, relationship issues, trauma, grief gain resiliency, coping skills, and live their life with fulfillment and joy.
Julia Grace runs trauma sensitive clinical groups for individuals in addiction recovery and co-occuring mental health conditions at residential, intensive outpatient, partial hospitalization, and outpatient setting and also sees individual clients in her private practice in the Los Angeles Area.